Philobiblon: Now I've done it

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Now I've done it



I've been planning it, then drawing back from it, getting excited, then getting cold feet, but I finally handed in my resignation at work yesterday. So soon (well probably in three months - that's the contract period) I'll be out on Grub Street, trying to earn a crust with whatever ideas for stories I can dream up (and, hopefully, some time soon, a book contract!)

Wish me luck - I'll need it.

(The image above is from a Punch cartoon - my source simply dates it as "Victorian". The text underneath says: Old-fashioned Party (with old-fashioned predjudices). "Ah! Very clever I dare say. But I see it's written by a lady, and I want a book that my daughters may read. Give me something else!")

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I just want to wish you all the best. I'll be rooting for you. And put me down for an order for a signed copy of that first book!

8/24/2005 11:28:00 am  
Blogger Natalie Bennett said...

Thanks Sharon - you'll also get a mention in the acknowledgements! (Now I've just got to find a publisher, or an agent ... I'm so sick of "we really enjoyed it but ... ")

8/24/2005 01:27:00 pm  
Blogger Ahistoricality said...

Brave soul! Bravo!

8/25/2005 01:27:00 am  
Blogger Natalie Bennett said...

Orders will be taken here ... :-)
Thanks all!

8/25/2005 06:31:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, the best of everything on your writing venture.

8/29/2005 02:11:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home