Philobiblon: Act! Act Now

Monday, August 08, 2005

Act! Act Now

I'm not a great one for e-mail campaigns and joining in protests, probably mostly because I'm just not a "joining" sort of person, but I found that this horrific story just demands action.

It is of a woman falsely imprisoned and raped for four months in Venezuala, by a politically well-connected man. He got off - although that verdict is being appealed - and she faces an investigation for prostitution.

Warning: there are disturbing pictures on this story, but read it anyway, and take the action it suggests.
(Via Bitch PhD.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This page came to my attention a few weeks ago, and ive been walking around horrified since then. does the fact this action happened surprise me? sadly, no, and thats why I think its good that it exists. thanks for sharing the link again.

8/09/2005 02:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home