Philobiblon: How addicted am I ..

Sunday, September 26, 2004

How addicted am I ..

... to blogging?

I'm about to find out. Being off to France for a week, I may be off the air for that long, but only if the withdrawal symptoms don't get too acute.
A last word ... in the Guardian yesterday an excellent piece on
Edward Said, which made me dig out my old copy of Orientalism, which was one of the most enlightening books that I have ever read. It helped me throw off many of the more unpleasant aspects of Australian middle-class culture of the Seventies, with which I grew up, although also left me with an excess of idealism that it took Thailand to throw off.

P.S. Just discovered that the dictionary wants to replace "blogging" with "flogging". It's not that bad, surely.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got so excited for a moment - as I am going to be in Paris this week too. Not sure why I got so excited - but it was fleetingly exciting moment in any case. Enjoy France!

(Jag from Route79)

9/27/2004 09:41:00 pm  
Blogger Natalie Bennett said...

Hey, being in Paris is a good reason to get excited. We might have even been there together, as I usually try to go once a year and I haven't made it yet in 2004. But I decided that I needed a bit more sun for the year, so headed south, where the weather was a glorious 25-plus and sunny every day!

10/02/2004 11:03:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home